February 17, 2008

Regionals

...were cute.
I absolutely loved how at the very first rehearsal, the director didn't have to explain, in-depth, the basic fundamentals of music.
*sigh of relief*
The whole...giving-you-your-music-in-advance-if-you-don't- learn-it-you'll-die concept is pretty much amazing because at the very first downbeat, it sounded like we've been practicing together for weeks on end, even though we haven't met once. Maynne. Those are the kinds of musicians I need to befriend-- the kind that know what they're doing and sound good doing it. No offense to some people who would find it offending, but learning how to count every measure in a simple song gets old after awhile. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

There were no cute boys. *sigh* HAHA. Inside joke.

TRUE LIFE STATEMENT:
Not all flutes are cutthroat. GASP! And those who were cutthroat sat in the last few chairs. (Irony?)
Don't scare me again.


So I pretty much forgot what I was going to say...
Oh well.

2 comments:

The Hawk's Prettiest Daughter said...

ahh... Monica FINALLY a new nlog entry... lol jk! Well I'm glad you had a good time at regionals. Maybe next year I'll join you!! =P

Monica said...

Aww how cute. Sydney is ambitious! Haha jk.